Hello my lovely followers,
Took a break from posting because…WE GOT ENGAGED!
I was proposed to last Tuesday night in San Francisco after a day of fun, in celebration of our 6 year anniversary of being together. It was amazing and we are so happy.
We then proceeded to set a date last Friday for THIS OCTOBER! So with a mere 7 months to plan, things have gotten crazy reallllll fast!
For the next several months I will be doing wedding dress bootcamp, doin’ it for the dress 2014!!!
Fried Green Tomatoes from 24 Carrot Life:
- 4 medium green tomatoes (about 1 lb)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (optional for sauce)Instructions
- Cut tomatoes into fry shapes, place on a plate, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until white and fluffy. In a separate bowl whisk together cornmeal and cayenne pepper. In a third bowl add whole wheat flour.
- Preheat skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil for each batch of tomatoes.
- Dip tomato sticks in flour first, then egg white, then cornmeal mixture. Shake off any excess dry ingredients and add to preheated skillet.
- Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or until cornmeal is browned.
- Remove tomato sticks from skillet and let cool.
- If preparing balsamic reduction sauce (do this while frying the tomatoes):
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small pot and simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until it thickens and reduces by about half.
- Drizzle on tomato fries generously or use as a dipping sauce.